Spicy Bolognese Pasta Bake
Spicy Bolognese Pasta Bake made with JD Seasonings Bolognese
Try something different with your Bolognese pot.
Comfort food at its best.
- 1 pot of JD seasonings Bolognese
- 500g of minced beef or 250g minced beef and 250g minced pork,
typically less than 5% fat
- 500g pasta shapes
- 4 bacon rashers, all fat removed and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sause
- 2 400g tinned tomatoes, blitzed with a hand blender or food processor
- 400ml beef stock
- 60g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 60g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- low calorie cooking spray
Spray a large non stick pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Add the onions and bacon and fry for 3 - 4 minutes then add the carrots, celery, garlic and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the full pot of JD Seasonings Bolognese and the mince meat, mix well and cook until meat has browned.
Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and the 2 tins of blitzed tomatoes then add 400ml beef stock and mix well.
Turn the heat up and bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 45 minutes stiring occasionally.
Cook the pasta shapes as to the packet instructions, drain then add to the Bolognese and mix well.
Pour the pasta into a ovenproof dish, top with the Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese and bake in the center of a preheated oven at 190.c gas mark 5 for 25 to 30 minutes.