Dirty rice made with JD Seasonings AWARD WINNING Cajun
Originating from Louisiana this dirty rice dish is so simple to make and tastes amazing!
JD Seasonings AWARD WINNING Cajun gives the dish the warmth and flavour it deserves.
Made much healthier by using meat typically less than 5% fat and low calorie cooking spray.
A fantastic on-plan meal
- 1 Pot of JD Seasonings Cajun
- 500g Minced beef, typically less than 5% fat
- 4 Smoked bacon medallions, any remaining visible fat removed, diced
- 240g Basmati rice
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Large celery stalk, diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 300ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 spring onions plus 2 to garnish, thinly sliced diagonally
- handful of fresh Parsley plus some extra to garnish
- Low calorie cooking spray
Cook the rice as to packet instructions, once cooked, drain and cool immediately under cold water then pop into the fridge to keep cool.
Spray a large deep pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Add the bacon medallions and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, now add the Onions, Celery and green pepper and continue to fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until the veg is soft.
Add the minced beef and fry until all the beef has browned.
Add the full contents of the JD Seasonings Cajun pot.
Add the Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
Add the spring onions and Parsley and mix well.
Add the beef stock and the cooked rice and cook until the rice is hot and the stock has absorbed
Serve into bowls, garnish with the spring onion and parsley and serve.