Chinese Chicken Chow Mein
488 CALORIES PER SERVING.
Fakeaway chow mein made with JD Seasonings Chinese Chicken Chow mein
Beat the takeaway with our EASY to make Chinese Chicken Chow Mein fakeaway.
Much healthier than the a takeaway and probably made and served quicker than you could have one delivered, a real family favourite.
- 1 Pot of JD Seasonings Chinese Chicken Chow Mein
- 650g Chicken breast, all visible fat removed and cut into strips
- 160g Mangetout
- 1 Carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 Red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 8 Spring onions, washed and cut diagonally
- 1 Tin water chestnuts, drained
- 1 Tin bamboo shoots, drained
160g Chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 4 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Inch cube of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 TBSP light soy sauce
- 5 TBSP dark soy sauce
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 200g Dried medium egg noodles
- Low calorie cooking spray
Add the light soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and the full pot of JD Seasonings Chinese Chicken Chow Mein to a large bowl and whisk with a fork or hand whisk until combined, add the chicken and coat well then set aside.
Cook the egg noodles as to packet instructions, drain then set aside
Spray a large wok or frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat, once the pan is hot add the chicken mixture and stir fry for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned all over.
Add the red peppers, mangetout, carrots,, spring onions, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and continue to stir fry for 5 minutes.
Add the noodles and dark soy sauce and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.