Minted Lamb Shepherds Pie
Shepherds pie with a minty twist.
JD Seasonings Shepherds pie made with our Minted Lamb rub is a real winter warmer the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 pot of JD Seasonings Minted Lamb Rub
- 500g Minced Lamb, typically 5% fat or less
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Large Carrot, peeled and diced
- Handful of frozen peas
- 400ml Beef stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 900g Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Low calorie cooking spray
Spray large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat, then add the onions and carrots and cook until soften.
Add the minced Lamb, mix well and cook until browned.
Add the tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce, fry for a couple of minutes then add the stock, peas and pot of JD Seasonings minted lamb rub, mix well, bring to the boil then simmer softly for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180C fan 160C/ Gas mark 4.
Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 - 15 minutes until tender, drain then mash, add a little butter and milk if desired.
Put the mince mixture into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and ruffle with a fork.
Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the top is starting to colour.