Classic curry Balti made with JD Seasonings Balti
One claim regarding the origin of Balti cooking in Birmingham was that it was first served in 1977 in a restaurant called Adil’s. Our aromatic blend makes the perfect balti, bursting with flavour and very simple to make.
- 1 pot of JD Seasonings Balti
- 600gm chicken breasts, all fat removed and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1″ cube ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 x 400g Tinned chopped tomatoes,
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 300ml water
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Low calorie cooking spray
Spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low – medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook slowly until light brown.
Add the garlic, ginger, chicken and peppers and cook for another 3 mins, just to brown the chicken.
Add the pot of jd’s Balti and fry for a future minute or 2 then add lemon juice and mix well.
Add the diced tomatoes and the water and salt to taste. Turn the heat up, bring to a boil then turn down and simmer for 30 to 40 mins or until a thick consistency is reached.
Serve with pilau rice.