Chilli Con Carne
A chilli lovers dream chilli.
A fantastic combination of herbs & spices for an authentic Chilli Con Carne.
Best served with rice.
- 1 pot of JD Seasonings Chilli Con Carne
- 500g Lean minced beef, typically less than 5% fat
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 2 x 400g tinned Tomatoes
- 400ml beef stock
- 1 x Red kidney beans, washed and drained
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- Low calorie cooking spray
Spray a large non stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Add the onions and fry for 2 minutes, then add the peppers and cook for further 3 minutes
Add the minced beef and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Pour in 1 pot of JD’s Chilli Con Carne blend, mix well and cook until the minced beef has browned.
Pour in the 2 tins of chopped tomatoes then add the beef stock
Squeeze in the tomato puree, mix well, cover, turn the heat up to high and bring to the boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 30 minutes
Remove the lid, stir in the Kidney beans and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Serve with boiled rice and ENJOY !!