Spicy Vegetable Soup
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 50 mins
Total: 60 mins
Per serving: 172 kcal
172 CALORIES PER SERVING
Spicy Vegetable Soup made with JD Seasonings Spicy Meatballs
It’s finally soup season! This spicy vegetable soup is full of goodness, warming and has quite a kick. Add some cheesy toast dippers on the side for a perfect winter dish.
- 1 x Pot of JD Seasonings Spicy Meatballs (adjust the amount depending on how much spice you like, and reduce to half if you’re prefer a milder flavour)
- ½ x Cauliflower, chopped
- 2 x Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 x Leek, sliced
- 250g Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 x Yellow pepper, diced
- 2 x Small brown onions, diced
- 1 x Tbsp tomato puree
- 750ml Vegetable stock
- 4 x Garlic cloves, crushed
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 x Tbsp Crème fraiche (optional)
Fry the onion, garlic and carrots for 10 minutes, in low calorie cooking spray, until softened.
Add the cauliflower, potatoes and pepper to the pot, along with the tomato puree and Spicy Meatballs Kit. Mix well.
Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Add to a blender or blitz with a hand-blender until smooth.
Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche (optional).