Chinese Chicken Chow Mein
CHECK OUT OUR RECIPE PAGE FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS
A delicious chow mein made with our Chinese Chicken Chow Mein spice blend.
Beat the takeaway with our EASY to make Chinese Chicken Chow Mein fakeaway.
Much healthier than the a takeaway and probably made and served quicker than you could have one delivered, a real family favourite.
- 1 Pot of JD Seasonings Chinese Chicken Chow Mein
- 650g Chicken breast, all visible fat removed and cut into strips
- 160g Mangetout
- 1 Carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 Red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 8 Spring onions, washed and cut diagonally
- 1 Tin water chestnuts, drained
- 1 Tin bamboo shoots, drained
- 160g Chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 4 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Inch cube of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 TBSP light soy sauce
- 5 TBSP dark soy sauce
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 200g Dried medium egg noodles
- Low calorie cooking spray
Add the light soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and the full pot of JD Seasonings Chinese Chicken Chow Mein to a large bowl and whisk with a fork or hand whisk until combined, add the chicken and coat well then set aside.
Cook the egg noodles as to packet instructions, drain then set aside
Spray a large wok or frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat, once the pan is hot add the chicken mixture and stir fry for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned all over.
Add the red peppers, mangetout, carrots,, spring onions, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and continue to stir fry for 5 minutes.
Add the noodles and dark soy sauce and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.