Chinese Chicken Curry
A deliciously healthy version of the classic Chinese Chicken Curry
JD Seasonings take on the classic Chinese Chicken Curry means you can now have your favourite takeaway as a FAKEAWAY.
Guilt free,delicious, healthier and probably quicker than having one delivered.
- 1 x pot of JD Seasonings Chinese Chicken Curry
- 3 x chicken breast, all fat removed
- 2 x onion, roughly chopped
- 1 x carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 x courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 x green pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Handful of frozen peas
- 1 and a 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 and a 1/2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1" cube ginger, grated and finely chopped
- 2 x cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 700ml vegetable stock
- Low calorie cooking spray
STEP 1: Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low to medium heat. Add half the chopped onions, courgette and carrots and gently fry for 4 - 5 minutes or until soft, then add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 1 minute. Add the full pot of JD Seasonings Chinese Chicken Curry, tomato puree and soy sauce and mix well. Pour in the vegetable stock, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
STEP 2: Remove from the heat and carefully pour into a blender. Blend until smooth.
STEP 3: Spray a deep frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chicken and fry until starting to brown all over, then add the peppers and the remaining half of the onions. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
STEP 4: Add the sauce from the blender to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, then add the frozen peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with boiled rice or egg fried rice