Classic Tex-Mex taco recipe.
Simple and easy to make.
Make them extra healthy by switching the taco shells for baby gem leaves.
- 1 pot of JD Seasonings Taco
- 500g extra lean minced beef
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400ml beef stock
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 120g chedder cheese, grated
- 12 taco shells or large baby gem leaves
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 spring onion, finely sliced
- 4 sprigs of fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Spray a deep frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until soft then add the mince meat and fry for a further 5 minutes until brown.
Add the pot of JD's Taco and mix well.
Add the tomato puree and the stock, mix and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until reduced.
For the salsa, roughly chop the coriander and add to the tomatoes and spring onions, add the lime juice, mix well and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Fill the shells or baby gem leaves evenly with meat and top with grated cheese and salsa.