Chicken Tikka Masala
A curry for the whole family.
A fantastic combination of herbs & spices to make a tasty chicken tikka masala.
- 1 pot of JD Seasonings Tikka Masala
- 600g chicken breasts, all fat removed (cut into pieces)
- 175g natural fat free yoghurt
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes, blitzed
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1″ cube fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 300ml water
- Fresh coriander to serve (optional)
- Low calorie cooking spray
MARINATE THE CHICKEN
Spoon 100g of the yoghurt into a large bowl and add the lemon juice and 1 heaped tsp of JD’s chicken tikka masala spice blend and mix well using a spoon. Now add the chicken, coat evenly and pop into the fridge for at least an hour
MAKE THE SAUCE
Spray a large non stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low – medium heat. Add the onions and gently fry until starting to brown. Add the garlic and ginger, mix well and cook for a further 2 mins then pour in the remaining chicken tikka spice blend and cook for a further minute
Pour in the blitzed tomatoes and the water & simmer for 30 mins
Spray a griddle pan/frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and fry 6 mins on each side or until cooked right through. Add the chicken to the sauce and cook for 5 mins. Take off the heat and leave to cool for 3 or 4 mins then stir in the natural yoghurt 1 tbsp at a time to prevent curdling. Divide between 4 bowls and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve with boiled rice and naan.