Classic side dish Bombay Potatoes made with JD Seasonings Bombay Potatoes
Our bombay potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to any curry. Our unique blend of mustard seeds, Paprika, Turmeric, Ground cumin, Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds, Coriander, Chilli powder. This is a dry version of the classic side dish but can easily be made into a saucy potato curry.
- 1 pot of JD Seasonings Bombay Potatoes
- 700gm potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2 an onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1″ cube ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp water
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Fresh coriander to serve (optional)
Par boil potatoes in lightly salted water until slightly tender, drain and set aside.
Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low – medium heat. Add the onions and gently fry until starting to brown then add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 1 min.
Add the pot of JD’s bombay potatoes, mix with the onions, garlic and ginger then add the potatoes, mix to coat well.
Add the tomato puree, water and lemon juice and cook for 5 – 7 mins mixing often.
Serve and garnish with fresh coriander.