The protection of your data and its use is important to us and we want you to understand clearly what information we hold, how we use it and what your rights are. This policy explains how we collect information, what we use the information about you for, the basis on which we collect it and your rights.
The information we hold is collected and managed by JD Seasonings Limited. The website and agreements are all owned by JD Seasonings Limited. Our registered office is at Delivery Office, Hallgate, P O Box 729, Wigan, England, WN1 9QD.
You can contact us and raise any questions about your data via the email address –
The personal information we collect and hold
Website data: On our website we will collect information about you to allow you to make purchases from the Site. We will collect your name, address, email address, telephone details and payment details. We will also record details of any purchases you make and where these are delivered to.
How we use and disclosure personal information
We may use your personal data for the following the purposes:
- providing you with a personalised service, which may be the provision of emails to confirm your purchases or for marketing information where you have agreed to this.
- to create your account and to identify you, – you agree to this as part of your agreement to use our services.
- processing your orders, registrations and enquiries – you agree to this when making an order or as part of your agreement to use our services.
- providing and administering your purchases on the Site – this is part of the provision of the contract to you.
- providing you with information about promotions and products and services we offer – if you have consented to receive such information (or we have a legitimate interest to provide the information) and not opted out – see below
- sharing your Data with third party organisations who offer products or services which we feel may be of interest to you (if you agree to receive such information) – this is only done with your consent when you have agreed to this third-party marketing.
We only use your data to enter into and fulfil contracts with you or where you have consented to its use. We may share this information with third parties where necessary to provide our services to you. This information is all used so we can carry out or obligations or rights under these contracts with you.
We only share your data with third parties who need to information to provide the Site or deliver goods purchased to you or where you have consented to third party marketing.
Where we process your data, it is subject to our strict internal policy requirements as well as the Data Protection regulations.
How long will we hold your personal information?
We will hold the personal information we use to meet the requirements of our agreements with you for the period of those agreements and any further period afterwards that we need for regulatory or other legal reasons (such as to defend any claims). This will usually mean that we will hold information for a period after a transaction is completed. We will remove any personal information we do not need when we no longer need it.
Where we have personal information which you have consented for us to use we will hold it for the period the consent remains in force and any other period we need for regulatory or other legal reasons. You may remove your consent at any time.
We will delete any information about you we no longer need. Please see below in relation to your rights to have data erased, rectified or for you to access it and for you to object to any processing or to transfer it.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are –
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data corrected or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
You are also able to withdraw any consent you have provided for use to use your data at any time. This is opting out and the process is set out below.
You can opt out of any marketing communications by unsubscribing from the marketing communications you receive
Your privacy and data protection is very important to us and we comply with all aspects of the Data Protection legislation and ensure that any third parties we engage do so. You can find out more about your rights to data from the Information Commissioners Office.
Some data processing may occur in other parts of the European Union (“EU”) or outside of the EU. Wherever data is processed your rights under the Data Protection Regulations will be met and we will ensure that any agreement to process your data ensures this and give you rights in the unlikely event of any security breach.
When you visit our websites we may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer. Cookies are pieces of information that a site transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords are not stored in cookies.
If you have any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at [email protected] (Please note that because of the insecure nature of emails we cannot accept any responsibility for data lost or intercepted in transit.)
You can also write to us at:
Head Office Contact Details
P.O. Box 729
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the JD Seasonings website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other non essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
By using our site, you consent to the use of these cookies. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To allow you to securely sign in to your JD Seasonings account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as order information.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. JD Seasonings uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/.
Can I turn off cookies?
To withdraw your consent, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer’s hard drive. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Our use of advertisement tracking
We also allow selected third parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site. We currently use two companies for this and you can see their privacy policies at the following addresses:
These cookies are as safe as the ones used whilst you browse our site and neither of these third parties collects any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
JD Seasonings is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of third parties or other websites.
Targeting or banner advertising cookies
This type of advertising is designed to provide you with a selection of products based on what you have viewed on jdseasonings.com and deliver adverts to you when you visit other selected websites. The adverts may highlight alternative styles and colours as well as products from other categories suitable to your browsing history.
Please be assured that the data contained in the cookie used in these adverts is completely anonymous and doesn’t contain any of your personal details. You can choose to opt-out of this type of advertising. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar. Alternatively visit the Network Advertising Initiative website.
JD Seasonings take on-line security very seriously and uses a registered secure connection.
How do we protect your information?
We use a server certificate (also known as a digital certificate) to assure you of our identity and secure sockets layer (SSL) to encrypt data transmissions.
If you want to check our certificate/security you can do so using one of the following methods:
From your browser when you are within JD Seasonings website: Look for the padlock symbol within your browser to bring up the security information.
It is also important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your account, password and to your computers and devices. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Please note the nature of the Internet means that an absolute guarantee of security cannot be offered, and you should be aware that there may be a small security risk in exceptional circumstances when disclosing information online.