Smokey Bean Chilli
593 CALORIES PER SERVING
Smokey Bean Chilli made with JD Seasonings Chilli Con Carne
This delicious, rich and smokey chilli is vegan-friendly (when leaving out the sour cream), full of goodness and ridiculously tasty! Made with our chilli con carne kit.
- 1 x Pot of JD Seasonings Chilli Con Carne Kit
- 1 x Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 250ml Vegetable stock
- 1 x Tin of pinto beans, drained
- 1 x Tin of kidney beans, drained
- 1 x Tin of black beans, drained
- 100g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x Red onion, diced
- 3 x Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x Tsp chipotle paste
- 1 x Red pepper, diced
- 1 x Avocado, cut into chunks
- 4 x Tbsp reduced fat sour cream (optional – remove if keeping the recipe vegan friendly)
- Fresh coriander (optional, to serve)
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 300g Basmati rice (uncooked)
In low calorie cooking spray, fry the garlic and red onion for 3 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes.
Next, add the red pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the chipotle paste, then sprinkle over the Chilli Con Carne Kit and mix well.
Add all the beans and stir to ensure everything is coated in the seasoning.
Next, pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until thickened.
Meanwhile, cook your rice according to the packet instructions.
Spoon the cooked chilli over your rice. Top with the avocado chunks, a dollop of sour cream (optional) and fresh coriander.