Chilli Mac & Cheese
Chilli Mac & Cheese made with JD Seasonings Chilli Con Carne
A tasty meal the whole family can enjoy and very simple to make.
- 1 pot of JD Seasonings Chilli Con Carne
- 500g mince beef, typically less than 5% fat
- 500g dried Macaroni
- 2 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 2 400g tinned tomatoes, blitzed with a hand blender or food processor
- 1 400g tin red kidney beans, washed and drained
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 120g Cheddar and red Leicester cheese mix, grated
- Low calorie cooking spray
Spray a large non stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat
Add the onions and fry for 2 minutes, then add the Peppers and cook for further 3 minutes.
Add the minced beef and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Pour in 1 pot of JD’s Chilli con carne blend, mix well and cook until the minced beef has browned
Pour in the 2 tins of chopped Tomatoes, fill one of the empty tins with water and add to the pan.
Squeeze in the tomato puree, mix well, cover, turn the heat up to high and bring to the boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 30 minutes
STEP 6 :
Remove the lid, stir in the Kidney beans and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Cook the Macaroni as to packet instructions, drain and add back to the pan, pour the cooked sauce over and mix well.
Divide into 4 bowls, sprinkle the grated cheese on top evenly.