Cajun Beef Goulash
539 CALORIES PER SERVING.
American Cajun beef goulash made with JD Seasonings AWARD WINNING Cajun
Another delightful way of using jd’s Cajun. This is rustic, wholesome, tasty and filling all in one. A dish for all the family to enjoy.
- 1 pot of JD Seasonings Cajun Blend
- 500g macaroni
- 500g extra lean minced beef, typically less than 5% fat
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 130g sweetcorn kernels
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 chopped tinned tomatoes
- 400ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 125g 4 cheese mix, grated, alternatively cheddar and mozzarella will do
low calorie cooking spray
Spray a large non stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and gently fry the onions, peppers, celery and carrots for roughly 5 minutes.
Add the minced beef and 1 pot of jd’s Cajun and garlic, mix well and cook until beef is browned.
Add the Worcestershire sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the tinned tomatoes, beef stock and Sweetcorn kernels, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
Cook the pasta as to packet instructions, drain and mix into the Cajun beef goulash. Sprinkle the grated cheese in and stir well. Divide between 6 bowls and serve.