Chilli Con Carne
A family favourite any day of the week and a real chilli lovers dream.
Our unique and fantastic combination of quality herbs & spices for an authentic Chilli Con Carne.
Best served with rice.
- 1 pot of JD Seasonings Chilli Con Carne
- 500g Lean minced beef, typically less than 5% fat
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 2 x 400g tinned Tomatoes (blitzed with a hand blend or food processor)
- 400ml beef stock
- 1 x 400g tin Red kidney beans, washed and drained
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- Low calorie cooking spray
Spray a large non stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Add the onions and peppers and fry for 3 to 4 minutes until soft.
Add the minced beef and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Pour in 1 pot of JD’s Chilli Con Carne blend, mix well and cook until the minced beef has browned.
Add the tomatoes and mix well, then add the tomato puree and beef stock and mix well.
Turn the heat up to high and bring to the boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes
Now add the Kidney beans and cook for a further 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is the consistency you desire.
Serve with boiled rice and ENJOY !!