A classic family favourite, sausage casserole
A delicious recipe for an English classic. Best served with potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- 1 pot of JD Seasonings Sausage Casserole
- 750g (8 to 10) sausages, Typically less than 5% fat
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 150g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 x 400g chopped tinned tomatoes (blended)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 400ml Water
- Low calorie cooking spray
Preheat oven to 200°c
Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low to medium heat.
Add the sausages and cook until browned on all sides then pop them into an ovenproof dish.
Gently fry the onions and carrots til soft then transfer to the ovenproof dish.
Add the peppers, mushrooms, blended tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce to the dish.
Mix the pot of jd seasonings sausage casserole with the water, pour into the ovenproof dish and mix all the ingredients together.
DO NOT COVER
Cook in the center of the oven for 40 minutes.
Serve with potatoes and seasonal veg